my first drippy manicure!

Posted by Unknown on Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hey guys!
Nail art post today! I need to start trying to do more of these.

I am currently sitting on the couch, with my hair covered in Head and Shoulders, and a shower cap, and a towel, trying to semi-strip or fade my hair color. This is an awkward feeling. It is bubbling.
I just need to lighten my hair a few shades before I dye it back to my usual red.
I feel silly.
(If this sounds weird to you, Head and Shoulders is really strong and bad for colored hair so a lot of people use it when they want to lighten their color.)

Anyway.
I was wearing this lovely color a few days ago:


Essie - Lapis of Luxury. Such a pretty periwinkle blue.
My friend Emma gave this to me! Hi Emma!!
:)

I really wanted to do some art but I could NOT figure out what I wanted to do.
And I stood around staring at my polishes trying to figure out what to do.
I found the color I wanted to use with it - Color Club - Uptown Girl. I knew the colors would look awesome together because they're both muted shades.

After seriously about 20 minutes of pondering, I decided to try a drippy mani!


It didn't turn out as perfect as I had hoped. It's decent but not great.


You might notice the giant piece of hair or bristle or whatever it is on my ring finger.
It came from the brush on a brand new bottle of Seche Vite.
I saw it go onto my nail and said "NOOOOOO," but I knew I couldn't get it off without ruining the manicure.

I did this with my dotting tools, I used a bunch of different sizes to create the different drips.


I really liked this and I want to try it again.
I'm considering a neon green and pink one as my Katy Perry manicure! Maybe with the colors from Starry Temptress! Ooh, I like where that is going. Haha!

I've had this Head and Shoulders on my hair for 15 minutes now... I wonder how long I should leave it...
Wish me luck!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment