Chanel Graphite

Posted by Unknown on Thursday, August 25, 2011


I know just about everyone would have seem lots of swatches of this polish, but if you're like me, that doesn't matter.  I love seeing swatches of polishes I like on different people to see how it looks with different skin tones and on different shaped nails (I especially love doing that with holos, because they look so different on everyone cause of the shape of the nail, whether its curved or flat and so on)





When I first saw swatches of Graphite I thought I just looked like a blackened silver foil.  But then reading peoples descriptions of the colour, they kept mentioning that it had gold flecks as well as silver.  It's very hard to capture the gold and silver flecks with the camera because it is so metallic and reflective.





When I bought these two Chanel polishes, I put Peridot on first for a quick swatch and photo, then I put Graphite on and was amazed a how beautiful it was.  I really didn't think I would like it as much as I do.  I originally only swatched four fingers, but after seeing it on, I had to finish my mani off and then continued to wear it for three days.  This was two coats with no base or top coat, just Graphite it all its naked glory.









This photo shows some on the golden flecks mixed amongst the silver ones, particularly in the bottom part of the photo.









Here is a shot in the shade, blocking the light source so you can see the speckled appearance of this polish.

















What I love about this polish is that it's not just a silver foil.  The gold flecks in it warm it up.  I'm a total gold jewellery wearer. Rings, bracelets, watch, all of them gold, and this polish compliments them so nicely. 





I'm so emmensly happy with my first experience with Chanel polishes.  I hope they continue to step outside of the box and create unique colours and finishes, because God knows we are all getting a little bored of seeing the same shades recycled around.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment