Zoya - Neeka (and cookie-stuffed cookies?!)

Posted by Unknown on Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hi guys! Today I have a polish/baking post for you once again! I know it's been a while and quite a few of you have mentioned wanting to see more baking adventures in my posts, so today you're getting one!

Polish first, cookies after.







This is Zoya - Neeka from the Mirrors collection and it is just pure gorgeous. I wasn't planning on buying any of these colors (because not only did they not impress me, I didn't expect to find them in Toronto.)

But then at Trade Secret in the Eaton Center, I saw this pretty bottle and she came home with me. (But I paid too much for her! $9.99+tax!)







Excuse the tipwear in the photos, I put this on at work yesterday and then I was a bit too rough with them before they were fully dried, I guess.



The formula of this polish is fantastic. Almost perfect in one coat, but you need 2 to even it out. Easy to control and I didn't even need to clean up because application was that easy.



What is up with all these "exotic" names Zoya is using? Just make a polish called Rebecca, already!







Neeka is a deep purple-toned gray with gold flake-like shimmer, as well as pretty purple shimmer!







I'm not big on really dark colors, but this one is absolutely stunning!

Stupid Zoya, winning me over with pretty polishes despite their bad international customer service!



Bonus picture:







iPhone captures Neeka nicely! Plus a pretty OPI accent nail of Parlez-Vous OPI? and Yule Love This Silver!





Now the yummy part...

I found this recipe a long time ago and was dying to try it. An Oreo baked inside a chocolate chip cookie? Are you kidding me? Eating more than one of these babies could probably put you in a diabetic coma, but that is besides the point.



Obviously, there was no way I was making these alone because of the aforementioned potential diabetic coma... Along comes my friend Vicki! (Hi, Vicki!)

You see, Vicki is a trained chef/baker, and I knew she would be down for making these ridiculously-sized cookies. (I offered to paint her nails too, you know, show off my talents as she shows me hers, but she can't wear polish because it is a hazard in the kitchen where she works! Boo!)







In hindsight, we were a little too generous with the cookie-covering...







We only got 6 cookies onto the cookie sheet.

Covering the sides was a bit difficult, and that is what made the cookies giant. After baking we discussed that perhaps you don't need to cover the sides so much, because the blob on the top would probably spread out and melt down the sides during baking.







Massive. And delicious.

See the raised blobs in the middles? Those are the Oreos. That gives you an idea of just how big these are. There was a good inch or more of cookie-barrier around the Oreo. So really this is like eating 3 cookies in one. Truly, 4 cookies including the Oreo I guess...



We didn't use the cookie recipe in the post because there were comments saying it was bland, but the one we did use ended up being a bit too soft, we think. A thicker dough would probably make it easier to cover the cookies without being too generous.







So. Yummy.

We made them last night, and I discovered today that the cookies taste much better once they are cooled and the Oreo has had time to set and harden a bit. When they're hot, the flavors all kinda mix together and it is just overwhelmingly sweet.

But when they're cool, you can totally taste the 2 different cookies, and they're great.

I brought one to work today as my lunch. One cookie for lunch, they're that big.



There you have it. Cookie-stuffed cookies. I wonder what else you could bake inside a cookie...

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment