Models Own Beetlejuice Collection

Posted by Unknown on Friday, December 30, 2011

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!



Beetlejuice is one of my favorite films growing up (even though I was petrified of him). I was very excited to hear that Models Own is coming out with a collection called Beetlejuice and have duochromes! I was unfortunate to miss out when it first released, so I waited for the box set to be back in stock before purchasing. This is my first time trying Models Own polishes!


Pinky Brown is a dark pink, orange, and brown multi-chrome with glass fleck finish. 3 coats.


Here is more of the brown color in different angle/lighting.



Golden Green is an olive green with flashes of gold. 2 coats. I don't know if my top coat is to blame for the bubbling of this one because I used the same top coat over the others and it didn't bubble like that!


Aqua Violet is a blue and violet duochrome. 2 coats. This one is my favorite. I caught so much attention with this polish, and a salesperson in Macy's even asked me where she can get it!


Flashes of violet.


The duochrome visible.

It's quite similar to Deborah Lippmann's Money Now Sleep Later but not duplicate of it. I will definitely do a comparison of the two once I have time!


Emerald Black is a blackened green shimmer. 2 coats.


Purple Blue is a purple, blue, and fuchsia multi-chrome with glass fleck finish. 3 coats. This one was quite hard to capture in photos, I tried my best and it's as accurate as I can get.


Here it is in low lighting, which shows the duochrome.

The formula for these were decent. They were a little thick for me, but nothing too hard to work with. My first time trying Models Own polishes and I am not disappointed at all, especially with the colors! These are available at Models Own website. They ship from the UK, so after shipping and everything, the total came out to about $50 USD a little less. Which I think is decent priced for five polishes. It also came with a top coat that I have yet to try.

And I must add my favorite part of the movie:



Well that's all I have for today, what do you guys think of this collection?

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment