Sally Hansen Spam!

Posted by Unknown on Monday, August 30, 2010

Hello all! Got back from classes not long ago, and decided to do my Sally Hansen spam post today! I swatched all these last Wednesday. Wasn't a sunny day, but a cloudy day, hence all the pictures were taken indoors either with natural light or artificial light. I think these are the only Sally Hansen polishes I own. The last polish I tried from them was a prism? one and that was like ages ago.

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Polishes


Gray by Gray - blue gray creme. 2 coats. I love how it's not a true gray, with blue tones in it. Makes it unique.


Yellow Kitty - pale yellow creme. 3 coats. I first bought this only for the name, since I'm a huge Hello Kitty fan :D but I love this color as well. I love yellow cremes. Especially for those that apply like heaven.


Grass Slippers - lime green creme. 2 coats. Very interesting color, any green polish is already a plus for me.


Lagoon - blue/green metallic. 2 coats. Visible brush strokes as you can see. VERY similar to Sephora by OPI's Mermaid to Order (which I don't have) but from other swatches I've seen, SOPI one is better. Less brush strokes.


Sea and Be Seen - bluish purple shimmer. 2 coats. Very shimmery, interesting color.


Ring My Shell - pearly white with hints of lavender and some green. 2 coats. VERY gorgeous pearl. I love the slight duo-chrome in certain lights. I think I should've done an extra coat to have no visible nail line. But that's ok because this color is beautiful.


Dive Deeper - pale blue shimmer. 2 coats. Quite sheer as you can see. I didn't really like this one, but it looked so pretty in the bottle that I bought it. Ehhh, it happens xP


Midnight in NY - black creme with multicolored specks. 2 coats. Love the name (hello, I'm a New Yorker) :)


Hidden Treasure - clear base with flakies. FLAKIES!! I did two coats over Midnight in NY and I absolutely love it. I've been putting it over every color possible, and it just looks nice over any color. The flakies are flashes of green, orange, gold.

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Polishes


Spring Green - pale green creme with yellow base. 2 coats. Formula was a bit thick for me. These do dry pretty fast, but not as fast. You still have to give it a minute or two for the polish to settle in especially if you did more than one coat. Even though one coat was opaque, I did two out of habit. Uh is it just me or do my hands look like red crabby hands? O_o


Expres-So Yellow - pale yellow creme. 2 coats. Another yellow that applied streak free. Still till gloopy for me though!

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Polishes


Green with Envy - yellow green creme. 2 coats. This collection has a normal brush which was what I am more comfortable with.


Lime Lights - sheer green pearl. 3 coats. Um, no offense, but ew. I didn't expect it to be THIS sheer. It looked gorgeous on the bottle. I should've tried it on my nails before I bought this one. Not too fond of it.


Going Green - a true green with shimmer. 2 coats. Wowee! I love this one. The green is a true green. The shimmers make it pretty. Only con about this one is STAINING. Though this one did not stain piss yellow like American Apparel's Green Malibu, this one literally stained my nails green. Took me awhile to get rid of the stain. -_- Totally Worth it though!

Sally Hansen HD Nail Polishes


DVD - sheer light purple with flashes of blue. 3 coats. Absolutely gorgeous color, need I say more?

Resolution - green with blue undertones and shimmer. 2 coats. I loved this one because in certain angles/lights you can see the blue. Which made it quite interesting.


Hi-Def - green frost? 2 coats. It's a tad sheer. I didn't like this one either. Don't know why I bought it, I guess because it was green. Sigh, how typical of me.

Phew, finally done. I hope this was helpful too all. Sally Hansen polishes can be found in most local drugstores, however, a few are already gone; such as Tracy Reese's Complete Salon Manicure Collections, DVD and Resolution. Those are the few I don't see at drugstores anymore. The others I still see around.

Ok, so this is all I have for today. I'll have a random spam post either by the end of this week or maybe even earlier.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment