Nostalgic Lacquer Duckie

Posted by Unknown on Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hi!

Today's post is a swatch from Nostalgic Lacquer. This is another indie polish, my latest obsession. :) The name is Duckie and it's a sheer mint jelly base with multi size and color glitters. Since this is pretty much my favorite color, I had to have it!


This polish reminded me of Revlon Whimsical in that it's VERY sheer. It took a lot of patience to apply this and I don't really know how many coats I ended up with when it was all said and done. I almost gave up after a while. I used 2 coats of Seche base coat first since it's tinted white to help with the coverage, but I didn't anticipate the glitter to be so sparse in each coat. I know I could have applied a colored base first, but I don't think it would of made a difference because of the nature of the glitter.


This polish was a labor of love to apply, but I think it was worth it in the end because it is so pretty. It just took so much out the bottle just from one application, but since I have 5923723 other polishes in my collection, I don't think I have to worry about it running out! ;)



What are some of your favorite indie polishes out there?
Pin It

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment