OPI Matte Collection

Posted by Unknown on Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm on a role updating ain't I? It is extremely hot in New York today, 93 degrees! I'm enjoying myself at home with the air conditioner on. However, running outdoors to take pics of my nails and running back in is giving me a sweat. Nevertheless, I got the OPI Matte collection all done today. Pictures first, then my review on them.


Alpine Snow - This literally looks like wite-out on my nails.


Gargantuan Green Grape - Please ignore the smudge mess on my index finger. I got lazy to redo it. Well a green matte. Reminded me of Nubar Green Tea with Essie matte top coat. I wasn't so enthused about this one. I thought hm Green yay but nope it wasn't all that. The original one is a lot better..


La Paz-itively Hot - However, this was my favorite of the whole collection. It's a little blinding to look at. This looks like silk wrapped around my nails. Absolutely gorgeous.


You Don't Know Jacques - Um, kind of boring..


Lincoln Park After Dark - This is suppose to look like a very dark vampy purple, but it looks almost black. Wasn't so hyped about this one either.


Russian Navy - I was looking forward to this one, because the original russian navy have all these gorgeous speckles on it. But where is it in matte??? However, I do like the whole navy look matte.

The whole collection to me was ehh... You weren't suppose to put any base coat on but my nails are stained enough so I put Nail Tek Foundation II as basecoat. Maybe that explains the messy application. Matte's are VERY hard and tricky to apply. Any mistakes done will be shown (as you can see on my swatches) What I also don't like about this collection is that they used old colors. I mean if we really want these colors in matte, a matte top coat would've done the job, and application will be much, much easier. But hey, whatever floats their boat!

I decide to introduce to you guys my little spoiled princess. I gave her a nice bath today since it was so hot just to help her relax in this type of weather. My dog, Bebe, is an 8 year old Papillon. I've had her since she was a puppy and fell in love with her. She means the world to me :) This is a picture of her drying up in the sun after her bath. Looked like she pretty much enjoy the sun a lot. Ain't she a cutie?



So that's all I have for you today ladies. I've plenty more to go as you can tell from my previous entries. I hope everyone had a lovely Monday, and to enjoy the rest of their Monday. Take care!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment