Disco Queen

Posted by Unknown on Thursday, February 18, 2010


Hey Ladies!This nail art design is inspired by the Disco era! Being a 70's child I love that era, it brings back so many great memories! Anyway for this design, I used 3 sizes of gold glitter to create a french tip. I only mixed the finest grain of glitter with the acrylic for the first layer of the nail. After that I put the larger on top of the wet acrylic and then covered it all with another layer of acrylic. On top of that I created a crown with the gold glitter acrylic mix that I made, then decorated the crown with gold mini beads and rhinestones.

The crown came out really pretty but the fact that it is glitter also makes it very hard to see. I would have to say that looking back I would like to try it again and paint it gold before applying the gold mini beads and rhinestones. I purchased the rhinestones from Michael's craft store and they are included in the contest that I am holding on my youtube channel. The small and medium sized glitter I got in some sample packs from Michael's and the large hexagram gold glitter I got from Walmart. I also want to let y'all know that I have decided to have monthly blog giveaways as well! They won't be huge but definetely a nice little treat. I have put a poll on the side of the blog to get some information on what types of gifts you ladies are most interested in. Please leave me a comment and let me know! I really want to offer you ladies gifts that you want and/or are having trouble getting your hands on.

I hope you ladies enjoy the design & tutorial video, I was really feeling nostalgic so the music I chose was Remember the Time by Michael Jackson. One of my favorite songs by him! Below are a few pictures of the design.






{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment