Lisa Frank Inspired, Inspiration?

Posted by Unknown on Monday, January 31, 2011

I took the idea from Dollface, she has done 4 different looks so far inspired by the bright colors and animal prints of Lisa Frank. You gotta love it! I was also one that was mildly obsessed with Lisa Frank stuff as a kid. Who could resist? Click here for her design: Dollface - Lisa Frank

I love how her's turned out and sadly I only kind of like mine. :(
What do you think?

I started with an Essie basecoat and then Sally Hansen's "Lavender Cloud"
Then using a thin nail art brush, brushed on the following colors:

All China Glaze -
Lemon Fizz
I Wanna Lei Ya
Laced Up
Bahaimian Escape
Spontaneous

I wanted to see how it looked with Essie's Matte About You topcoat, that's on the ring & pinky nail.
Out the Door topcoat on index & middle.

I much prefer this look being glossy so I topped the whole thing with OTD.


I'd like to revisit this mani in the future but use brighter neon shades with a green thrown in there. And I'd much prefer a shatter topcoat that would seperate more and in bigger chunks to show underneath.
What do you think? Do you prefer it matte or glossy? Which colors would you like to see under shatter?

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment