Pink Patchwork

Posted by Unknown on Monday, January 24, 2011

Chloe's Nails does wonderful things with scotch tape. I took inspiration from her "patchwork" design and used pink, glitter, and black.
I used:
  • China Glaze's "Second-Hand Silk"
  • Milani "Disco Lights"
  • Pure Ice "Black Rage"
Last night I painted two coats of 2ndHS then 4-5 coats of Disco Lights. (I lost count). I did this as an enire mani but I didn't much care for it. I let it dry overnight because of the ridiculous # of coats.

Today when I woke up I decided to amp it up by using Chloe's patchwork idea. I took scotch tape and sectioned it off and painted on the other colors. Now I like it a lot more ;)

I was on a hunt for OPI's new black shatter and I went to my local Trade Secret in the mall. Needless to say they didn't have any idea what I looking for and had never heard of it. Tsk, tsk, this town needs more nail polish addicts.... But anywho, i check out their clearance section and got some great deals!

I got a combo pack of OPI top coat with a bottle of OPI base coat (not quick dry) - only $4!
Then a bottle of Essie trillionails base coat for 75% off. $2!!!!
Same deal for a Essie top coat (not quick dry) for only $2!!!!
They had a few colors but I didn't much care for them.
I did pick up Essie "Looking for love" which is a very pale blue jelly that ended up looking terrible on me. But for $2 I couldn't pass it up. I'm sure I'll find something to do with it though.

And on another note, I went to my CVS trying to pick up any left over Milani one coat glitters. They only had 2 colors left and it was the same colors I already had. :( I still picked up a set of fake nails so I could somewhat hide my busted and broken index fingernail. While I was checking out, the cashier told me she saw something new on the truck when they were unloading the other day. ESSIE! She said she'd never heard of it and doubted it would sell. I assured her that it was one of the nicer brands that has some pretty cool colors and that it can retail for $8 or so at other stores. So I asked when they would have it out for sale, most likely around the end of January when they re-do the main wall of cosmetics. So I am so excited and will be checking back quite frequently for that!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment