Backstage Pass armor mani!

Posted by Unknown on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hey everyone! I wasn't sure what to call this mani and I decided on armor because my nails looked like they were wearing glittery armor! Wanna see what I did?


Little glittery coats of armor. You might remember I posted swatches of Color Club's Backstage Pass Collection a few weeks ago, and I mentioned wanting to do this with the collection's namesake, Backstage Pass.


If you want to acheive this look, you need lots of patience.
I was home alone one night with lots of time to spare, so I broke out this polish, a toothpick, and I went for it!
You actually have to arrange the glitters one by one onto your nails.
I found it easiest to put a thin coat on the nail to give the glitters something to stick to, and then blob the polish onto some paper and pick up the glitters a few at a time with a toothpick. (That way, you don't get a ton of clear polish onto your nails and it won't be so thick and hard to dry.)


It can be difficult to get the glitter all the way to the edge so I filled in any big gaps at the tip or sidewalls with silver polish. (You can really notice the silver in the photos but in person it's pretty invisible.)

I needed like 4 coats of topcoat before I had no bumps.


I really loved this look - it was ridiculously shiny and blingy. It looked like those Minx nail appliques that were all the rage a few months ago. I really wanted to keep this mani on for a long time but I found that the edges were poking out after a day or so, so I had to take it off.

What do you guys think? Would you do this, or am I totally insane? (Don't answer that last one.)

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment