old school tattoo mani

Posted by Unknown on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hey guys! I know I've been slacking on the nail art lately, so hopefully today's post can make up for some of that! Because this is probably one of the coolest things I've ever done.
Let's get right to it!


Boom! Old school tattoo style! I'm still wearing this mani right now and I can't stop staring at my nails.


I even managed to do it on my right hand! (Aligning all those stamps is tricky!)
This hand isn't as good though so here are some more photos of the other hand.


The base color for this manicure is Color Club - Nomadic In Nude from the Back To Boho collection.
(I previously stated that this was a dupe for Lippmann's Waking Up In Vegas but I have since learned that while they are dupes in the bottle, the Lippmann dries much darker.)
This is my favorite nude! I chose a nude base so it would look like black tattoo work on skin.


I used a whole bunch of different plates for this look. I'll try to list them all:
-Konad Q1 (sparrows, leopard print on thumb, some of the stars, lightning bolt)
-Konad m3 (stars)
-Bundle Monster BM-12 (spider web, some stars)
-Bundle Monster BM-206 (nautical star)
The diamond, rose, second web, and some stars all came from faux-nad plates from eBay.


You can't see this side of my thumb in the other photos, but this awesome guitar is from a Nail Art Diva plate. Their website is not working right now so I don't know what the plate is called and in advance - no, I can't get anymore of this plate, but if the website were working I think you could order it there.


I dotted into some of the empty spaces with a toothpick just to bring the whole thing together.
All my stamping was done with Wet N Wild Black Creme.


Apart from this being just a really cool mani, there happens to be a special reason behind it.
A lovely lady I met in the polish community, Brenda, has a very sick daughter, Dyan. Several of us have decided to create manicures showcasing Dyan's favorite things in hopes they will help raise Dyan's spirits in her recovery and let her know that we all love her and are thinking about her. Dyan loves tattoos so I came up with a tattoo mani!
Dyan is recovering miraculously and I wish her all the best in her journey back to health!
You can check out more "Team Dyan" manicures on Sonoma Nail Art and Polish Ninja.
I'll add more links here as they are posted.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment