Some Layla Magneffects

Posted by Unknown on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Have you jumped on board the magnetic nail polish train yet?  I'm such a sucker for fancy effects in nail polish like these.  I must say that I never really got into the crackle phase, but I am totally getting on board the magnetic phase with gusto!

Here are a couple of the Layla Magneffect polishes that I picked up with my Layla Holo order last week.  These have been around for quite a few months now, but the colour range of the Layla Mageneffects is one of the best I have seen. I think they have 16 colours.

Each bottle of the Layla Magneffects has a small round magnet on the top of the bottle with a line on it.  You can use that magnet to create lines .  For these manis I actaully used other magnets that I had.  The Layla bottle magnet works very well, but it's lines are further apart than these.

Metallic Sky




Purple Galaxy




Sparkling Champagne




Turquoise Wave




The formula on all these was excellent.  Some of these polishes could be one coaters (thick, but it would work) but for all these photos I did one coat without the magnet, then a second coat using the magnet.

The star magnet is most definitely the trickiest to master.  It's very hard to line it up correctly on the nail both vertically and horizontally.   I'm totally getting the China Glaze magnetics as well as the magnet as soon as I can, but what I'm really lemming for is a bottle of one of the Icing magnetic polishes with the wavey design as seen here. Any US readers interested in a swap with me so I can get one of those?

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment