Get your Aussie on! - Flag and something else

Posted by Unknown on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy Australia Day  people.

I couldn't help myself, I had to go with the classic flag nail art for Australia Day.


I used a custom blue holo polish I made for the blue base. I stamped individual stars in special white polish using Bundle Monster plate BM11 to make the Southern Crosses.  For the Union Jack, I used a nail art brush and free painted the white and red lines using Nfu Oh 61 (so its actually silver not white) and Hits Ares.  All topped off with a coat of Seche Vite.

This is such an amazing holo mani, but it has been really overcast here today (stupid cold summer!) and I can't get it to show how pretty it is.


Here is an indoor photo I took with a lamp, although it doesn't really show the holo any better.  But it shows how much the blue pops.


Now yesterday, at the end of my post I said I was off to do something a little silly on my nails.  I have an EPIC NAIL FAIL that I'm going to share with you.  I couldn't bear to post this mani in it's own post because its just so god damn awful.  If you have a weak stomach, look away now.

What I was attempting was "shrimp on the barbie". I was happy with the base, which I sponged on grey orange and red holo polishes to represent the coals.  But then I couldn't be bothered using tape to make the grill lines nice and neat so I just freehanded them.  WRONG!

Then I attempted to add the prawns to the BBQ, which I had made using the transparent water decal paper.  The thing is, you really have to have light coloured nails to use the transparent decals. Because you can't print anything white, it relies on the background nail colour to provide the white contrast.  What I tried to do was paint a tiny bit of white on my nail where the decal would go.  FAIL.  I then tried to paint the back of the decal.  I finally got the hang of doing that for the prawn on my pinky!

Here is the prawn on my pinking, this was the only decent looking one.  All the others look like they have way too much butter and garlic on them!!  Arrrggghhh garlic butter prawns *wipes drool from mouth*


Anyway, I hope you have a giggle and my dreadful and epic nail fail.  Aussies, I hope you have a great day off, and to those that are taking tomorrow off too, have a great extra long weekend.

Girls,  I expect to see some links pasted below to your nails for Australia Day!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment