Get your Aussie on! - Kangaroo roadsigns

Posted by Unknown on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Welcome to the start of my Get your Aussie on - Nail Art Marathon.  Ok it's not really a marathon, cause it's only going to be about 5 or 6 manis, but what you will see is some totally bogan and cliched Aussie themed nail art in the lead up to Australia Day on 26 January.

I know that most of my readers are international so I'm planning to pick classic Aussie icons for my nails.  Today's nail art is certainly that.  Kangaroos.  And not just any kangaroos, these are the kangaroos as they appear on our yellow road signs.


I made these using my water decal paper, which I printed the kangaroos on, then cut out and placed on my nails.  That's why each one is so identical and crisp.  There is no way I could free hand anything like this.



Now to share some pictures of real kangaroo road signs. These are a couple from around my area that have been creatively vandalized, so to speak.  This one is on the Tuggeranong Parkway and shows the roo downhill skiing.


And I can't do this post without showing this big boy...


Aussie gals, are you going to do some Aussie nail art too.  If so, when you do, post a link in the comments of any of these posts, we'd all love to see them.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment