Get your Aussie on - Oi, Oi, Oi!

Posted by Unknown on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Here is mani #2 in the lead up to Australia Day this week.  I still can't believe I did these nails.  They are so bogan it's funny!  

I'm not sure how well known this chant is outside of Australia, but every Aussie will be familiar with "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi".  I remember hearing it for the first time as we were herding ourselves out of Sydney Olympic park after the end of a days competition during the 2000 Olympics.


I used three coats of Ulta3 Frangapani with a coat of Seche Vite to try to hurry it up drying so I could apply some tape.  I then taped the diagonals and had to do two coats of Ulta3 Tahitian Lime to get it opaque. Next I applied the text which I again made using water decal paper.  Finally I added a yellow star using konad special polish in yellow and a star from my ENAS stamps.




I'm so happy with how these turned out, I really don't want to take them off tonight to put something else on.  I got quite a lot of comments today on these.  Mainly people asking where I got them done, so it's a nice feeling to tell them I did them myself and seeing their reaction.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment