as seen on... I'm Feeling Nail-Venturous!

Posted by Unknown on Saturday, April 28, 2012

I've said it before but I'll say it again - Amy from I'm Feeling Nail-Venturous is a total sweetheart.
You may know her from her blog or from her amazing franken polishes. Either way, she's great. (And so are her polishes! I've previously shown you guys Floam and I am so delighted to say that there are two more on their way to me!)

Aside from being sweet as pie and making kick-ass polishes, she does all kinds of amazingly unique nail art. She's always up to something I would never come up with on my own. Such interesting combos. Of course I had to include her in my "as seen on" series!


Back in October, Amy did this really unique and cool looking combo. I knew then that I had to try it as soon as I got my hands on Gotta Love Brains!


Look, I tried to pose like Amy. Hahaha!

If you can't already tell, this mani involves putting crackle polish on a bare nail and then adding milky glitter over it!
Crackle on a bare nail is a pretty cool look! The trick is that you must wear a base coat or clear coat underneath because crackle polishes do not work without a layer of polish underneath.

I used all three of the same polishes Amy did:
Color Club - Clean Break (a white crackle that works!)
China Glaze - Crushed Candy (still a favorite crackle of mine but not working as well as it used to)
Lynnderella - Gotta Love Brains (pretty polish, but, nowadays they are not worth the drama!)

 
Amy's crackle patterns were much smaller than mine (and the stupid blue one needed some "help" cracking... I had to make some breaks myself with a dotting tool) but I think it looks pretty cool both ways!


Look at that massive glitter piece on my index finger! I kinda wanted to get it off because it looks awkward but it didn't wanna move once it sat there.

I can't wait to get my next two Nail-Venturous polishes, they might even be waiting for me when I return from vacation! Of course I will show them to you guys as soon as I can!
Now go check out Amy's blog and stalk her Etsy store for the next opening.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment