Franken - My heart bleeds for you

Posted by Unknown on Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I received the latest Layla order today and did a whole lot of swatching.  I actually really enjoyed it.  I swatched all the Layla Mirror polishes and I can't wait to show them to you.  

But first here is a monstrous custom polish I created and called 'My heart bleeds for you'.  The idea was magical in my head, but oh dear it's not a nice outcome in the end.  But hey, I'm here to show you the ugly creations, not just the pretty ones, so listen up on how not to create this.

In my head I imagined a red jelly with gold flecks - check.
Then floating in the golden blood polish were sparkly golden holo hearts - check.

Unfortunately the gold hearts are lost in the richness of the red jelly and don't even look gold anymore, and they seem to stick out something terrible.

One of my worst yet.  I hope this post makes other frankens feel better about some of their FRANKEN FAILS!  They happen to everyone.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment