Layla Mirror Effects - Part 2

Posted by Unknown on Saturday, April 28, 2012


Here is the second part of the Layla Mirror Effect polishes.

Purple Diva - pink toned purple






Red Hot - dusty dark pink, definitely not red as the name would suggest.





Metal Plum - dusty rose pink.




Black as Ebony - gunmetal grey.







My only disappointment with this collection is that a number of the shades are very similar in colour.  A lot of dusty pink and mauve shades.  I love Metal Chrome, Titanium Sky and Black as Ebony, but I would happily settle with just one of the other shades, as they are all so similar.  Instead I wish there was a gold, and a green and a blue toned purple (not a pink toned one).

I've been wearing Metal Chrome for more than 24 hours, and it doesn't wear well.  It's not terrible, but I have bits off at the tips and they look scuffed. I am wearing it without base and without topcoat, so I didn't expect it to be great, but I think it's better than a holo worn without base and top coat. Update 1 hour later: I just showered and washed my hair and the polish now looks terrible. All the tips are chipped off and I have to take it off.  This is not a polish to wash your hair in :)

I think a Mirror Sandwich would work well with these polishes.  Eg Shiny base coat (or top coat as a base), mirror effect, top coat, mirror effect.

Finally, I did a quick comparison photo of Layla Metal Chrome against some of the other chrome polishes I have.  Sally Hansen Canary Chrome is on the index, Layla on the middle, Revlon Budding Chrome (sorry incorrectly labelled in the photo) on the ring finger, and China Glaze 2030 on the pinky.




As you can see, the Layla polish is pretty damn special in the way it is brush mark free and ultra smooth.  It makes the other chrome polishes look like foils.  Unfortunately I don't own other silver chromes such as Stargazer metallic or Maybelline Mirror Image so I can't comment on how similar the Layla Mirror Effects might be.

I bought these Layla Mirror Effects direct from Layla Cosmetics in Milan, Italy.  The bottles are 10ml and they cost €12.20 each.  Yes, expensive for US ladies with access to many brands of cheaper polish, but an acceptable price from my perspective as an Australia where OPI retails for $20 and Revlon for $15.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment