China Glaze - Custom Kicks + nail art!

Posted by Unknown on Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hi guys!
I just spent some time editing and watermarking my pictures of Color Club's Wicked Sweet collection when I realized... I think one of my colors is wrong. Damn those sets for not having names on the bottom of the bottles!
So I'm going to wait to post that until I figure it out.

So I also happened to have these photos watermarked and ready to go!


This is 2 coats of China Glaze - Custom Kicks.
This polish was on my wishlist, and then Caroline of Shadow's Nail Art sent it to me! (I was going to post all the things she sent me at once, but now you're seeing this alone because of my Wicked Sweet fail.)


See the pretty gold shimmer?
This polish is really opaque and you can actually get away with one coat - I did that on my right hand. But most times, it is best to do 2, because your mani will last longer.
You get chips way faster when you just use one coat.

I thought it would be very similar to all my other teals but there is no exact match.


The closest I could find was Orly's Bailamos. I think Milani Fresh Teal might be closer but I forgot about that when I was dupe-hunting!

However, I did find a dupe in Walmart. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's The Real Teal is virtually identical. I was wearing Custom Kicks when I went to Walmart and of course I looked at the nail polish, and discovered the dupe!
I wanted The Real Teal for a while so now I'm glad I know I have a dupe. :)

I wore this color for a few days with some nail art!


Leopard and half moon, oh my!


I did the leopard with my black 2-way nail art pen, and for the half moon I used a hole reinforcement sticker and Wet N Wild Black Creme.
You just lay the sticker at the cuticle, and paint the top half. Sometime soon I'll show a photo tutorial for this in case you don't quite understand!

I loved this manicure - animal print just does it for me every time!
Tomorrow you can look out for Wicked Sweet - but maybe without The Lime Starts Here. :(

Oh - I meant to say this a few days ago. You should all go see Horrible Bosses! I saw it a few nights ago with a friend and it was hilarious.
That's all!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment