nicki minaj inspired nails!

Posted by Unknown on Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hi everyone!
You know how sometimes, you get a great idea for nails, and you just feel the need to drop everything and do them? That happened to me at 12:30am last night.

What was I doing that made me feel that way? Watching a Nicki Minaj video.
Now, I'm not a huge Nicki fan, but I do have a thing for the song Super Bass. (Also I'm seeing her in concert with Britney Spears in just over 2 weeks! Haha!)
In the video, she is wearing this ridiculous catsuit that totally inspired me. (You can watch the video here.)


I knew I had a Bundle Monster plate that would totally match that design. So I ran downstairs to my stash and got to work.


And I succeeded! I think these are awesome. I can't stop looking at them!
They look really fake, my nails are getting a bit too long for my liking. I plan on chopping them down before I go away in 2 weeks.


For these nails I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Whirlwind White as a base on all nails, except my accent nails which are Color Club Almost Famous.
I added a 3mm rhinestone to the accent nails, and on the rest of my nails I stamped the giraffe print image from Bundle Monster BM-215 with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Presto Pink.

Stamping is so much harder on long nails! I find it difficult to get the stamp onto my tips because my nails have a pretty big curvature at the tip (meaning they angle downwards as they get longer) so I have to press really hard for the stamper to hit every part of my nail. And as you might know, pressing too hard can ruin your images!

What do you guys think? Are these perfect for summer or what?
:)

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment