essie - smooth sailing

Posted by Unknown on Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hi guys! I meant to post this a long time ago but I ended up running some errands and forgetting!

The polish I'm going to show you today is one of my favorites from this year.


This is Essie - Smooth Sailing.
I don't feel compelled to buy a lot of Essie polishes, but this one, I needed.
Essie is quite expensive here, usually $9-12, but then I found out that I could buy them for $5.50 at a professional store. It's good to have friends with pro licenses! (Hi, Kathryn!)


Smooth Sailing is so pretty. It is a periwinkle blue with this awesome shimmer that shines silvery and also sometimes turquoise. (See the turquoise flecks on the middle finger and in the bottle?)
This also makes a great pedi color - I wore it on my Montreal trip!

The formula is awesome, almost a one coater, but you need two for total coverage.

I wanted to jazz this mani up a bit, but with something easy.
That means, glitter topcoat!


I added one coat of Nicole by OPI - Let's Get Star-ted.
This is a polish with iridescent glitter as well as pretty iridescent purple stars!


As you can especially see in the bottle of the first picture, the glitter flashes mostly blue, orange and green, while the stars are purple with an iridescence to them.


The glitter is hard to capture over this color but it is there and it is really pretty!

I will warn you - you must put a topcoat over these stars (or any other large glitter) because they will hitch on your clothes or your hair and annoy you!
(That's what happened to me, and I picked all the stars off within an hour.)

I've got lots of new polish lately! Some things you can expect to see in the next few days are China Glaze OMG polishes, Color Club Wicked Sweet & Alter Ego, and a Kleancolor haul!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment