super random OPI swatch spam

Posted by Unknown on Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hey everyone! I've got some big, random OPI spam for your viewing pleasure today!
The last time I was doing a swatch marathon I hauled out my OPI drawer and swatched pretty much everything inside it that I hadn't already done.

There's some super old stuff, some Touring America polishes, a shatter, a Christmas polish... All thrown together. Enjoy!




OPI - 18K Ginza Gold
Here's an old black label OPI that I found in a clearance bin. This stood out to me in a bin full of neutrals and pinks, so I decided to take it home. It's not the prettiest, but it's decent! It's really thin but it covers in 2 coats. I wouldn't pay full price for it but for $2 on clearance, okay. 


OPI - Chicago Champagne Toast
This is another $2 clearance bin find (hence why the label has been ruined) which I had to buy because of the name. I'm a Chicago Blackhawks fan for life, so of course a polish with Chicago in the name came home with me. (I want all of the Chicago Collection too!)
This is a pretty awful color... Streaky nasty pink frost. But hey... Chicago.


OPI - Comet Loves Cupid
Another clearance bin find, a beautiful one! This polish comes from the 2009 Holiday Wishes collection, the same collection as the hard-to-find Merry Midnight. It's a great red creme. It's actually a creme, not a jelly. And it covers completely in one coat. Amazing! And so vibrant. I love it! New fave red.
(The visible nail line you see in the photos is not noticeable in person.)


OPI - Eiffel for This Color
Another gem from ye olde clearance bin. A beautiful shimmering dark purple. Vampy and gorgeous. Just 2 coats! Adore this one.


OPI - French Quarter for Your Thoughts 
A medium gray creme from last year's Touring America Collection that covers in 2 coats. I picked this up thinking I would love it the way I love Skull and Glossbones, because it's a similar color, but this one doesn't do it for me. I don't know, it's okay. But not my favorite of my grays. But hey, it was another $2 find.
Also, the pigment is all settled weird in the bottle:


See? Strange! I shook the crap out of it and it doesn't want to mix back together fully.


OPI - I Eat Mainely Lobster
Another color from Touring America, again, $2. Not the hugest fan of this kind of color on my fingers but I adore it for toes! A bright coral with subtle shimmer. 2 coats.


OPI - Paint My Moji-Toes Red
Yep... clearance bin. A very similar color to the last one but without shimmer. Again, I can't love it on fingers but I do love it for toes. Moji-toes! Great formula, almost one coat, but you need two.


OPI - Heart of Gold
A sheer golden shimmer that came to me via my aunt who - you guessed it - got it for me on clearance. I hoped it would be a little bit more intense than it is, it's quite subtle. I've shown it here over black to try and show it as best as possible! It just adds a subtle gold shimmer. I bet it could be very pretty with the right combo!


OPI - Lemonade Stand By Your Man
Another polish that I bought just for the name. I adore the name of this one, it's just so silly and cute. I'm not a big yellow polish lover but hey, that didn't stop me.
This is three coats and it's still a little sheer but I think it's a fun color.
I bought this one at a Trade Secrets in Toronto, on clearance, but for like $7 I think instead of my usual $2. Haha!


OPI - Not Like The Movies
Yep... clearance. $5 this time. I picked this up because I decided that I want all the Katy Perry polishes. (I still don't have The One That Got Away... I guess it's the one that got away!)
A gray/purple/green duochrome with some slight holo sparkle. I don't love this color. It's interesting but not my thing. Maybe someday I'll wear it and like it! My tastes have been changing, so you never know.


OPI - Red Shatter
Hey look, a polish I didn't buy on clearance! ... I got it for free. HA! A local beauty supply is giving away free shatters with any purchase of a full-price OPI. I got this one when I picked up Shatter The Scales (which didn't count as a free shatter where it is brand new.)
I was pleasantly surprised at how well this shatter worked and I really liked the look! I layered it here over Essence's Nude It.
I really like the look of shatter over nude. I might have to try that again!

Phew! There you have it! I hope you enjoyed my random OPI spam. Which one is your fave?

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment