i can't get enough crackle!

Posted by Unknown on Monday, February 28, 2011

Hello to my new followers! I've more than doubled in the last two days.
So delighted :D

Now, I bet everyone is getting sick of seeing crackle, but I am not sick of seeing it on my nails!

(click to enlarge)
It just doesn't get old to me.
I can't wait for Sally's to restock so I can get the rest!

(click to enlarge)
I always like to show both hands for designs like this when every nail is different.


I like trying to figure out different ways to use the crackle and shatter to make it a little more original.

I used:
Wet N Wild Shine - Black Creme
China Glaze - Broken Hearted
China Glaze - Crushed Candy

To get the half-n-half look, I let my base coat fully dry and used some technical tape (sort of like electrical tape - it doesn't stick to nail polish the way scotch tape tends to) to tape off half the nail.
With the tape on, I painted one half with Crushed Candy and took the tape off really quickly before the crackling started.
Then I carefully painted the other half with Broken Hearted, no tape this time so it wouldn't pull off the crackles.
Thick coat of Seche Vite and you're done!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment