my favorite nail polishes - part 2

Posted by Unknown on Friday, February 25, 2011

Here is part 2! Top 5 faves!

#5: Color Club - Wild At Heart
This color is a fairly recent addition to my collection and I am very happy about it.
I found the Wild At Heart 7 piece set at Winners randomly (I also got Poptastic and Untamed Luxury there a few months ago.) I immediatly put this color on and was in love.
This is a dark purple shade, that in certain lights is very holographic.
The holo leans towards red/orange/yellow but can also show cooler towns depending on the light.
3 coats for full opacity, 2 maybe if you are really careful. This polish also dries really quickly!

#4: OPI - Absolutely Alice
This is from the Alice In Wonderland collection. I somehow lucked into getting this and its counterpart, Mad as a Hatter, in a local drug store long after they had been released and people in the states were sad about it being all gone.
I originally went there for MAAH, and Alice was there too. These were my first OPI's, so I was a little weary of the price, but I ended up buying both because I figured I would regret it if I passed it up.
I am so happy I didn't leave her behind!
The application on these isn't the easiest, you need 3 thick coats for full coverage, and it is a bitch to get this out of your cuticles when you clean up, but I think the hassle is worth the gorgeous royal blue glitter.
Even after the 6 glitters came out for burlesque, this is still my favorite. (runner ups? Bring on the Bling, Show It And Glow It)

#3: LA Colors Color Craze - Sea Siren
I bought this color at a local clothing store, it caught my eye on the counter as I was checking out.
I had no idea it was going to be as gorgeous as it is!
Totally opaque in one amazing coat.
Gorgeous turquoise polish with turquoise shimmer.
If I could find another bottle of this, I would buy it instantly, but in the few stores around that sell Color Craze I have never seen a second bottle. (And I have been looking. A lot.)

#2: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Trouble Maker
This is something my boyfriend picked up for me just because we loved the name. (Weezer, anyone?)
And I ended up falling in love.
This is a dark purple creme. Beautiful application, totally opaque in 2 easy coats.
I'm also kinda fond of the brush in these polishes, it is really easy to use.
I love this color so much I could wear it over and over with no art!
(The nail I painted this on had bumps in it, I promise it's not the polish!)

#1: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Power Pink
Yes, my all time favorite nail polish is one that costs $2 at Walmart.
I actually have three bottles of this just in case they stop carrying it.
This is the only nail polish I have multiples of! (Except for Wet N Wild - Black Creme for my konad and Black Shatter, so this is my only real color that I have multiples of.)
I just think it is the perfect pink. It is a medium pink, not too hot, not too cool, with really really subtle pink shimmer. You basically can only see the shimmer in the bottle or when it is used as a mani alone. I use this so often. I love it. Worth the $2 for sure.
The application is good too - this is two coats.


Okay, that's all!
Surprised by my top 10? Love my top 10?


I think my favorite colors to wear are pretty evident, haha!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment