China Glaze Prismatic Collection - Optical Illusion

Posted by Unknown on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hey guys! Remember that cold I've been complaining of? Well it's developed into a raging sinus infection and I am not having fun. I haven't been this sick in a long time and it sucks! Thank you to those of you who have been sending me well wishes - I really appreciate it!

To cheer myself up I've decided to start watching The Big Bang Theory, and before that happens, I'm going to post a very pretty polish for you guys.


I picked up three colors from the China Glaze Prismatic Collection a while ago and have only gotten around to wearing one of them so far (except for when I layered Prism in this post.)

I took so many pictures of this. So many. It's too hard to only show you a couple so I am going to spam you with photos of this sparkly, color-changing beauty!


China Glaze - Optical Illusion
This is the mostly greenish polish from the Prismatic Collection and it sure does not disappoint.
A lot of people don't like these polishes for some reason, but I totally adore them. They are so interesting and original and eye catching!


The formula on these polishes is fantastic. They apply completely smoothly and evenly despite being jam packed with glitter. They take 3 coats for full coverage but you can totally get away with 2 if you aren't taking photos of them.


Most of the time this polish looks green. The shades of green change from a vibrant seafoam to a more silvery, lighter seafoam, depending on the light.
But then... This happens:


Move your fingers the right way, and it's totally blue and purple. Mesmerizing, almost!


Green...


Bluey purple.


This was totally smooth after one coat of topcoat but by the second day, it did need another coat to smooth things out again.


Here's a glitter close-up. As you can see, it's mostly filled with the awesome duochromatic glitter, and is sprinkled with larger multi-colored glitter and some smaller multi-colored glitter too. I love the combo.


Basically I can't get enough of these glitters.


It's too cool!


One complaint I do have is that my bottle of Optical Illusion had this weird blue stuff crusted all over the neck of the bottle when I opened it.


There was so much of it! And I have no idea where it came from really where these polishes aren't tinted.
It took a lot of scraping to get this all off the bottle!
Weird, huh?
Anyway, the Prismatics are amazing and you have to see them for yourself! I'm totally in love.

Now excuse me while my sinus infection and I waste the rest of the day watching television. Adios!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment