Lynnderella - Love, Lace and Lilacs

Posted by Unknown on Friday, March 30, 2012

Do you remember me telling you about my dark green franken that I called "Perfect green undies" which I wore under Lynnderella's Funny Money, Green of Hearts and I Can Afford It?  Have I told you yet that that polish and I are no longer on speaking terms!  That dirty hoe polish stained my lovely pinky coloured nails a horrible shade of yellow.  I didn't have stained nails at all, but after I took that polish off I was horrified.  I have a good basecoat on but I'm guessing my mix is just too pigmented!  It's really only the top half of my nails, and I've tried scrubbing the peroxide and baking powder but it hasn't made a difference.  Does anyone have whitening ideas that actually work??

I shared that story because you can see the yellow tinge to my nails in the shots of the very delicate and pretty Lynnderella Love, Lace and Lilacs.  Here I am wearing Nail Tek Foundation II base coat, two coats of Bourjois Rose Lounge (yes again, it's my go to sheer pink nude) and two coats of Love, Lace and Lilacs.  Rose Lounge on the base did a good job of hiding the yellow, but I can still see it.


I loved this look because it almost looked like it was LLL just on it's own, but Rose Lounge made it not look naked!


Love, Lace and Lilacs has various sized opaque white hexes and translucent white hexes, as well as opaque white bar glitter.  There is also a micro fine silver shimmer in this that is similar to the shimmer that is in Connect the Dots.


Taking inspiration from the polish name, I decided to wear this polish as a lace mani.





I started this mani with stamping a lace design across my nail.  Then I painted my index finger on both sides of the lace stamp with Love, Lace and Lilacs.  Then I did my middle finger on the bottom corner, and then as I twisted my hand around to do the top corner, I somehow painted the next finger.  Of course then I realised that I really loved just the half nail look, so I had to work out how to finish the design using some full lace and some half lace nails.  I totally loved this mani, I was so happy with the final look.  I can't believe how much like real lace this polish looks like. 

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment