glad in plaid!

Posted by Unknown on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Good afternoon darlings!

Today I have a really fun tape technique to show you. Instead of using tape to create relief patterns, you use the tape to make your own nail stickers!
I saw this cool mani on The Beauty Department, which is a really fun site that I am guilty of stalking.


Can you spot the tape? Haha! The trick is to paint some tape, let it dry, and cut it into shapes to put onto your nails. It helps you create super even and straight lines, which is a good thing for me because I am awful with a striper brush.


I broke up the intensity of the plaid with a solid accent nail, which I think looks pretty cute!


I took a whole bunch of pictures of this mani because I was really proud of it!

It can be kind of difficult to cut the tape into small pieces so take your time, and then once on the nail, use cuticle nippers to clip the edges. I also used a file to smooth the edge of my nail a little, to stop the tape from hitching.


The polishes I used are:
Urban Decay - Superfreak (gold)
Urban Decay - Woodstock (pink)
OPI - Fly (teal)
Essence - You Belong To Me (light blue/green)
The base color is a light gray franken I made.

What do you guys think of this fun way to use tape? I think I'll definitely be trying it again!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment