Layla Hologram Effect Polishes

Posted by Unknown on Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hey everyone! Today is a very special day!! It is my 25th birthday today! So since I'm a huge lover for holo polishes, I decided to do my review on Layla's Hologram polishes! I was super excited to get these because they are true holo polishes. I ordered these from aveyou.com for $15.50 a bottle. It's a bit pricey but totally worth it, in which you will see. There are sometimes coupons for aveyou.com as well so you should google some coupons before buying. I took these under fluorescent light and under direct sunlight.


Mercury Twilight is a silver holo.3 coats. SOOO beautiful!! 


Coral Glam is a peachy coral holo. 3 coats. Seriously... look at that holo...


Retro Pink is a light pink holo. 3 coats.


Ultra Violet is a purple holo. 3 coats. Probably my favorite of the bunch! 


Jade Grove is a light green holo. 3 coats. A little similar to Nfu-Oh's 66.


Mermaid Spell is a light blue holo. 3 coats.


Ocean Rush is an ocean blue holo. 3 coats.


Flash Black is a black holo. 3 coats. OK I know I said Ultra Violet was my favorite, but actually this one is my favorite. It's a black holo but the holo effect is insane on this one.

The formula for these were pretty good. I did test out different base coats for them and noticed there's a slight difference during application. When put over Nfu-Oh's aqua base coat, they applied very well without any 'balding', whereas when I used my regular OPI base coat, there were some balding even when the base coat was completely dry. So for easier application, it's best to use a water base base coat.

I didn't care how much these costs me, because they were so well worth the money. It is RARE for us to see TRUE holos nowadays, that's why I am super happy to own these!

What do you guys think of these?!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment