A day in the life of Leslie

Posted by Unknown on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Well, not really the whole day. Just the exciting nail polish related parts! Yesterday I spent some time with two of my fave gal pals. We went shopping, then they came out to my house and I did their nails. With their permission of course, I wanted to post them here. I told them to pick an "alter-ego" to go by. Without further ado, here are Coco Puff & Cali G! :)


Coco Puff decided on what she wanted. Black, white, red, zebra print, and a kiss print.
We used BM 02 for the kiss print, and BM 223 for the zebra print. I love this NEW Bundle Monster zebra print. It has a finer print than the first generation plates! I printed the kiss with Sally Hansen Quick Color Chrome pen in red, then filled it in with Milani Red Sparkle. Added a few white highlight lines to make them juicy! Highlighted some of the zebra print with Red Sparkle to tie it all together. Very cute!



Cali G's nails came after we discussed what she likes. She loves wearing bright colors and the more colors, the better! So we recreated my Neon Rainbow Crackle look here.

Before Crackle:
I love how this pic accidentally turned out! The colors look so bright against the dark shadows.... And her hand in the background even pops!

After Crackle:

We also did pedicures, but those were slightly less exciting. And I thought I'd spare you the toe pictures. Lol
They were very pleased, as was I. I always have a great time with them!


Wanna see what I got when we went shopping? I hit a great deal at Trade Secret where they had all of their Essie polishes buy one, get one free. (They don't have many great ones, mainly really old stuff that's already separated and evaporated. Lol) Even a few OPI were BOGO! So I racked up with these pretties:
  • Essie Ridge Filler & Good to Go Topcoat (curious to test this out)
  • Essie Carousel Coral (such a great spring color I don't have and needed!)
  • I also got another Essie that I bought for my sis but she got it before I took the pic! (Don't worry it was a boring pink jelly anyway!)
  • OPI Meet Me on the Starferry (I've had my eye on this since my obsession started. I'm so glad I got it for such a great price!)
  • OPI The Color to Watch (lovely!)
Check out the swatches!





 Looks crazy awesome layered over black!
 Thumb is layered over black, pinky is layered over brown (I was just experimenting!)
I went ahead and swatched Not Like the Movies while I was at it.

Layering experimentation
Thumb - 1 coat over Zoya Gemma
Index - 3 coats by itself
Middle - 1 coat over Zoya Mira
Ring - 1 coat over China Glaze Recycle
Pinky - 1 coat over black. (Why is it no one has shown this to me before!? Looks crazy cool!)

If you've stuck with me through this entire post you deserve a taste of cuteness! 
Check out my apprentice. 
As I was sitting on the floor doing the girl's pedi's, Wally got on the bookcase behind me and was watching closely, taking notes. ;)

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment