Saucy New Strawberry Shortcake

Posted by Unknown on Saturday, April 30, 2011

Why are companies sexualizing little girl's toys? I was in love with the cute, plump, toddler of Strawberry Shortcake. Why does she now have to be more "grown up" and wear a tighter dress with a shorter hemline? No wonder some of the kids of this generation have issues.

Old Strawberry Shortcake vs New:
Maybe you've forgotten but in February I tried to do some original Strawberry Shortcake nails, and I felt it was a failure. Some liked it, but I didn't. Here those are. Since my skills have been refined a bit since that original try, I thought I'd give it another shot! I used the newer version of Strawberry Shortcake and her friends.

 Thumb is Strawberry Shortcake's new dress.
 
 Index is Blueberry Muffin

Middle is Strawberry Shortcake (she photographed more orange than pink, but it was more color accurate in real life)

Ring is Orange Blossom (I made sure to include this brown sugar friend, just for you Jackie!)

Pinky is random Strawberry Shortcake doodles.
How do you think I did?
Here are the broken down pics for those that are interested. I started with a base of OPI Alpine Snow Matte and Sally Hansen Iced Coffee. For Orange Blossom I sponged on some Orly's Prince Charming to give her some color. ;) All the rest of the colors are blended acrylic paints.




{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment