i have conquered the floral nail!

Posted by Unknown on Friday, April 22, 2011

I have tried doing floral nails multiple times. I tried freehand ones, and I tried the ones where you blob on the colors and swirl them, but I just never liked the outcome.
And a few days ago I saw an image somewhere where they used a rose stamp to make floral nails. The image was unwatermarked though so I don't know who to credit!
Anyway, I was inspired and went right to it yesterday!
And they're amazing, if I do say so myself.

(click to enlarge)
And now I'm going to post multiple pictures because I like them so much.


Perfect for spring!


They make my short nails look cute.


Even did my right hand really well!

For this design I started with 2 coats of Joe Fresh - Faded Violet.
I then added some light pink blobs with a small brush, with Wet N Wild Wild Shine - Tickled Pink. I made them roughly the same size as the rose image.
Using OPI - Dim Sum Plum I stamped the rose from Bundle Monster BM14.
And then using Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Green With Envy, I added some leaves with a small brush.
Add Seche Vite, and it's done!

Love love love.

I'm off to do some spring cleaning. Yuck.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment