Kermit Tutorial

Posted by Unknown on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Alright everybody, I promised to show you how to paint Kermit the Frog if I won Maria's Gaga Contest! Again, thank you to all that voted for me. I appreciate each and every one of y'all!
I will also show you my Lady Gaga reject nails. I did several designs before deciding which to submit in her contest.

The tutorial is on the single Kermit image on the middle nail.
1. Start with a solid base. I chose Sally Hansen Insta Dri Silver Sweep

2. I took medium green acrylic paint and mixed it with a little white acrylic paint until I got the right shade for Kermit. Paint a diamond shape for his head. Let that dry (drying time is really quick with paints. 1 minute if it's not too thick!)

 3. Use some of the medium green by itself to do some shading between his eyes and above his mouth.

4. Red acrylic paint, put where his mouth is. It's ok if it is too big at first! Once it's dry you can cover over and refine the shape.

 5. Like here! I took some more of the medium green and refined around his mouth and defined it a bit more.

6. Using medium green, paint the little triangles around his collar. Again, they don't have to be perfect.

7. Using white paint put his eyes in the right spot.

8. I outlined everything with thin black acrylic paint and added his pupils. They were really easy. A dot with my dotting tool, then a skinny line across the dot.

9. Topcoat then evens everything out and makes it all one smooth surface.
I hope I put that clear enough for all to understand, but I'm always willing to take questions. I would love to see your work if you replicate my Kermit! Or any of my nail art designs. :)

Now, these were the other Lady Gaga designs I did before settiling on the one I submitted.

This was the first Kermit I painted and I impressed myself with how good it came out! So that's what inspired me to try out the cartoon manis! I decided not to use this one for her contest because I didn't feel like it was "lady gaga enough!"

I did a poker face mani, I'm glad I didn't submit this one since another entrant did! I really only liked how the thumb turned out anyhow.

And the infamous Meat Dress she wore to the MTV awards... These look much more like meat in person. On the ring finger I used a nude french manicure polish over the top of different jelly reds and it looked fatty and gross like raw meat does! Didn't photograph well though. :(  And the thumb was the actual award they get. The astronaut guy with the MTV flag. He was cute.


{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment