Play-Doh

Posted by Unknown on Friday, April 29, 2011

I loved Play-Doh as a kid. How about you? I even got into polymer clay sculpting as a teen. Yep, the same thing as those "fimo canes" are made of that you see floating around in the nail art world. Interesting how things come full circle. I personally don't like how those look on nails, so that's why I haven't pulled out my stuff and made any myself. This Play-Doh look is one that I wore as a full mani since it was more discreet.



*edit* Multiple questions have been asked about what yellow I used. Sorry guys, but I forgot to include that info when I was typing the post originally! Lol
The base is China Glaze Lemon Fizz. I find this one to be a lovely shade of pale yellow. Slightly streaky, takes 3 coats to even everything out, but not chalky at all. I then sponged Hard Candy Splendid over the top of Lemon Fizz to brighten it up a bit. Splendid is also what I used on the accent nail behind the label. Splendid by itself is about the same, slightly streaky, would take 3 coats to even out by itself. These are the only 2 yellows I own at the moment. I really like them, but I also understand that there are probably better yellows out there. I hope this helps!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment