China Glaze Magnetix Collection

Posted by Unknown on Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hey everyone, today I have China Glaze's Magnetix collection to share with you guys. This will be the second time I'm trying magnetic polishes, so please forgive the sloppiness of each! I've tried my best to perfect it but it seems that the magnet wasn't really as strong as the Color Club one I've tried. Well let's first take a look at the magnet.

 Front of the magnet shows the designs. There's a star, arrow like and diagonal lines.

And here is the back of the magnet. It's a bit hard to hold against the nails without holding too close.

Now let's have a look at the swatches.

Pull Me Close is a dark navy blue. I did this with the star design and as you can see it didn't really turn out great. I think the problem for me is because my nails are super curved and not flat.

It did turn out nicely on my thumb, being that my thumb is the 'flattest' nail I have.

Attraction is a charcoal gray black. Here is done with the diagonal design. 

Instant Chemistry is a dark fuchsia shimmer. Here is done with arrow design.

You Move Me is a gold shimmer, and I have star design with it. For some odd reason I kept redoing this one, I even waited a bit before doing the magnet, but it seems like it spreads the polishes really far apart.

Drawn to You is a light purple shimmer. Here is done with diagonal design. I think this one turned out the prettiest.

Cling On is an olive green shimmer. Here done with I think arrow design. Man I don't know what's with this one and You Move Me. Believe me I've attempted it about 10 times, and the results were the same. Waiting a little didn't work, putting the magnet further didn't work. I really don't know why it turned out like that! It was a bit frustrating, but in the end I gave up.

The formula for these were pretty good! They applied very smoothly and I did two coats for each. I did these one by one. There were a few that turned out nice and then the other few was quite disastrous. The colors are really good too as I've been noticing a lot of similar magnetic polishes. I bought these from Sally when they had the deal of buying two magnetic polishes and getting the magnet free.

I don't know if I will be willing to try magnetic polishes again. I don't have much success with them. Not having a steady hand might be the problem as well.

Well this is all I have for today, what do you guys think of the magnetic polishes? Happy that it's trending?

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment