Easter Grass Disaster

Posted by Unknown on Saturday, March 26, 2011

This looked awesome when I pictured it in my head. I wish you guys could've seen it! ;)
On my nails, it was horrendous.
 When I made my massive order from Dollar Nail Art, they had this cool looking stuff called "Laser Lace." I couldn't think of having seen it before on any blogs, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I ordered several different colors.

It comes in a sheet like this:

Very cool color, with iridescent sheen.

First problem I discovered. You have to cut whatever size/shape you need, which is difficult because the slightest touch seemed to make it fall apart into a million little stringy pieces.
Second problem, it wouldn't stick to my nail. I tried the foiling glue from the same company, the lace wouldn't bend to the curve of my nail. I tried to put a topcoat and then smoosh the lace into it, which sort of worked. 
Third problem, I couldn't get an exact size cut out if you had offered me a million $. I had all of the extra bits hanging off the free edge of my nail, because nothing seemed to work. I thought I could file against the edge to make it fit, then topcoat to smooth it..... Negative. I managed to finish the entire hand and I thought I had mastered it! Then I tried to pull my hair back into a ponytail and it felt like all of my nails were peeling or split because they were catching on every single hair! Disaster. So I snapped a pic then immediately removed it all. 
I ended up not even liking the final look of it though. It was as if I'd been digging in some kid's Easter basket and all the fake grass had stuck to my nails.

Perhaps with another color? More patience next time? I don't know what it will take, but I'd like to find some way to make this stuff work.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment