Lace Tips

Posted by Unknown on Monday, March 28, 2011

I wanted to try my hand at applying actual lace to my nails. Here's how it turned out:
 The lace trim I bought had only small sections of the honeycomb design. The other areas of the lace were too thick that they wouldn't lie down flat on the nail. So I limited it to utilizing only the honeycomb portions. French tips it is!
 I painted Iced Coffee on my entire nail, waited for it to dry. Freehanded a diagonal french tip using Jules. I then stamped the flowers from Konad m57. Thick coat of Seche Vite then immediately stuck down the lace portion I had already cut to fit into the wet polish. Carefully pressed down any loose areas with the tips of my tweezers. Kiss Nail Art Striper in black along where the lace ended. Another thick coat of Seche Vite!
I only did those three nails because I was just experimenting and I was worried it wouldn't turn out like I planned. I actually really like it though! I wanted to finish off the whole hand, but I have to go to work tomorrow and I'm afraid the lace wouldn't hold up well under frequent handwashing.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment