Thank You Robin Moses

Posted by Unknown on Thursday, March 24, 2011

For your art... for your fun personality... for your willingness to teach the world, one YouTube tutorial at a time! I feel like I've learned so much about freehand painting from watching her videos. I saw this one look on her YouTube channel (it's only there, not on her blog) and I loved it. I recreated it the best I could.
Her awesome chrome/gray/leopard/sponging masterpiece
This is my version:




On my right hand I switched the accent nail to my little stubby middle fingernail.


I used Sally Hansen Insta Dri Silver Sweep for the base color. Then I tried to stick to her tutorial and use acrylic paint for the sponging and spots. It was my first real time trying that instead of polish. I used some Apple Barrel brand acrylic paint I already had in Black and then White (blended for the gray shade). It was much easier than painting fine details with polish! I could easily thin it down with water to get the perfect consistency, and it flows so much better than polish. (Even if you use a polish thinner & polish for your detail work, you end up going over it several times to get the color opaque.) The acrylic paint dried super quick which made it easy to move onto the next step. Of course it looked funky and matte when it dried, but the topcoat makes it so that you would never know the difference!

I couldn't leave well enough alone, so I added another touch of Robin Moses to glitz it up. I added a few highlights of foil glue, then Inaz Glam Rock Holographic Glitter. Topcoat again. A partly cloudy day, so I'm sorry I couldn't catch a sunlight pic to show you.
If I am ever in Robin Moses' area of the country, you better believe I'd be willing to pay anything for her to do my nails. She's a true guru. I sure hope she keeps up the great work and brings us many more wonderful ideas.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment