31 Day Challenge: Day 24

Posted by Unknown on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hi guys!
Today I'm going to be showing you what I think is my best design thus far for the challenge.

The theme is Inspired by a Book, and I knew exactly which book to choose!
My favorite author is Ellen Hopkins so of course I had to do one of her books. I even have an autographed book from her!

Coincidentally, her latest one just released 2 weeks ago on my birthday! I haven't had time to go buy it yet, but I did these nails inspired by the cover art!


I. Love. These. Nails.


I couldn't stop staring at them. They were so fast and easy and so visually pleasing!


Here are the polishes I used to create this look:


The base color is one of my all-time favorites, OPI Skull and Glossbones. (I recently bought the full-size bottle of this because the mini is not enough!)
For the coloring I used L.A. Colors Color Craze in Static Electricity & Nuclear Energy, plus elf Dark Navy & Dark Glitter Purple.


To create the messy watercolor look, I first mixed small amounts of the L.A. Colors polishes with clear polish on some paper. Using a dry brush I smeared some messily onto my nails. This made the polish really thin and give it just a hint of color.

Then, again with a dry brush, I smeared on some of the deeper elf colors and just quickly brushed them on to make them messy and splatter-ish.


Sadly, I did these nails and had to take them off 10 minutes later because they weren't an appropriate mani for where I had to go that day. Boo hoo.
I need to do this again and be able to appreciate the mani for more than 10 minutes!


What do you guys think? Did I capture the book cover well? Would you wear this grungey look?

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment