31 Day Challenge: Day 23

Posted by Unknown on Friday, September 23, 2011

Morning everyone! I have a busy day today so I scheduled this post because I wanted to make sure I got this posted for you all to see!

The theme for today's challenge is Inspired By a Movie.

I thought all day yesterday about what movie to do. I could not think of anything particularly great, but this one idea kept coming back to me...


I don't know why I couldn't stop thinking about The Little Mermaid. It wasn't even my favorite childhood Disney movie.
But I just had this idea... So I went with it.


I guess this is loosely inspired - just hair and tail - but I think it is cute!
Maybe my want to do this design came from recently overhearing a child point at me and say "Mommy! Her hair looks just like Ariel's!"
That's a pretty good compliment, I think!


To create the wavy red "hair," I started with a base of OPI - Conquistadorable Color.
Ariel's hair is more orangey-red, so I added a very thin coat of OPI - OPI On Collins Ave.
Then, I used a small brush and started creating waves with Conquistadorable Color.
Finally, I mixed a tiny amount of black with Conquistadorable Color for the defined waves.


Under the sea... Deep blue cardigan sea.


The tail nail (hehe) is 2 coats of Zoya - Ivanka, with one coat of Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure. I think it makes for a pretty nice tail!

I really enjoyed doing these nails, especially the hair.
Maybe I should be Ariel for Halloween... But I don't know about that seashell bra!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment