Black and Gold dry water marble

Posted by Unknown on Thursday, September 22, 2011

For my first day back at work last week, I wanted to have something a little fancy on my nails.  The best part is, someone noticed! She even knew it was water marbling!  She was wearing OPI black shatter over silver and showed me photos of her mani wearing CG ruby pumps.  It was so fun to have found someone at work that spoke the same crazy nail polish language as me!

Anyway, back to the mani.  On Sunday night I sat down to apply another dry water marble and here is the end result.  It's my best one so far and I loved it.


I had actually done a little water marbling session with my mum, where we tried different combinations, different brands of polishes and different stroke marks through the water.  So I had quite a nice little selection of round plastic marbling pieces to select from.  As you can see, I only had two black and gold ones to select from, and I ended up with more than half of one left.  So I love that this doesn't waste polish and the clean up was so easy!


If you didn't see my step by step guide to dry water marbling, then please check out my previous post about it.  Although please look at this final mani, as it was soooo much better than my original two that I did.  

I think the fact that the marbled plastic was nice and dry cause it had been sitting in my nail box for a week made a big difference with the top coat bubbling.  I didn't get any bubbles at all this time.  I also did a much better job at sticking the marbles down, using just one coat of polish underneath.  

Has anyone else tried dry water marbling yet?  How did it work out for you?

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment