Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream

Posted by Unknown on Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hi guys, I just thought I would give a review on this product introduced to me by my mum. Aveeno's Intense Relief Hand Cream.

Here is the story: I am currently on some medication to get rid of my acne (great results by the way! :D) and maybe about a month ago I got these little red bumps on the back of my hands after removing make-up from them. I didn't really think anything of it.

Then mum and I went to a MAC launch party and of course I was trying all sorts on the back of my hands and I noticed the little red bumps again. I thought the make-up might have caused it so I used a MAC wipe to remove it and that was a bad idea. They turned bright red and stung so bad. They later started to peel.

I then had a dermatologist appointment a week after that occurrence, I said to the derm whats happening and she didn't seem to care so I thought ok it's no biggie.

But recently it happened again! But this time much worse, the red bumps and peely skin hung around for days. I told mum and she gave me some moisturiser to try that is for skin with eczema. I tried that and it stung the back of my hands so badly, so I washed it off asap!

Mum did a little research online and found out a lot of people on the same meds as me for their acne were getting the same thing on the same place of their bodies. They were recommending to keep hands out of hot water and were raving about this hand cream.

Mum always raves about it and has a tube in just about every room of the house, so I tried it but wasn't expecting much or at least for it to sting my hands. Quite the opposite! My hands are now smooth, not all dry and peely and no longer bright red and inflamed.

I have been using it for a few days now and couldn't be happier. Hand creams usually give me a bit of grief either making my hands sweat, overly greasy or way too perfumey. Aveeno's Intense Relief hand cream is absorbed almost instantly and is no way greasy or perfumey.

I apologize for the long story, but I think sometimes when you read reviews online that person may give it a raving or horrible review but you don't always get the background, so I felt it was necessary :).

Also I am a little bit upset with my dermatologist not really caring or even taking a look at my hands when she brought up the topic "side effects" from the meds. She may deal with hundreds of people trying to get rid of their acne, but this is my first time with such a strong medication and I have no idea what to expect. 

I have also noticed a patch of the same eczema type thing on one of my legs, so I will be using the Aveeno for that area too.

I promise to have some polish reviews soon, this eczema thing has just scared me a little is all :)

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment