Bundle Monster Giraffe

Posted by Unknown on Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I wanted to try out the giraffe print image on the new Bundle Monster plates (BM 215). I had to see how it compared with my freehand giraffe print tutorial seen here.

I used a base of China Glaze Lemon Fizz. Then I stamped the image using a franken I made just for stamping purposes! I've kind of gotten the franken itch now that a few of mine have turned out good! Lol. For the franken I took a loose pigment by Urban Decay called "Smog" and added it to an ancient bottle of OPI topcoat that was half empty. I added a lot of pigment so that the polish would be thick enough to stamp clearly. It turned out to be just what I needed! Its a bronze/brown color, which up to now I did not have a proper brown for stamping.
 I like the way it turned out just as much as my freehand tutorial! The only trouble I had was that the image wouldn't stick to the nail fully. I think that has something to do with the base for my franken.... I used a "Rapid Dry" topcoat thinking that would help it be thick enough to stamp.... and I think it dried a little too fast.
Because of this problem, I had to add in a few of the blocks with a little brush where it didn't transfer.
What do you guys think?

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment