inspired by... my undies. + leopard tutorial

Posted by Unknown on Sunday, May 22, 2011

Here is the nail art I promised you!
And yes, you read the title right. I did some nails inspired by my undies.
I had to! When I was putting away my laundry I looked at them and just knew I needed to have it on my nails.


Yep. Those are my undies.
Aren't these nails cute? I really loved them.


I love leopard print in any color.


I took step-by-step photos in case any of my followers are wondering how leopard print is done.


You start with your base color. I used China Glaze - Recycle. This is 3 coats, but you can do 2 if you're more careful than I was. This was my very first China Glaze so it is special to me. :P

Then, you add random, oddly-shaped dots.


They don't have to be neat or uniform, just plop 'em on wherever. And it's better if they aren't round.
I used Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Trouble Maker.


Using a nail art pen, striper brush, or toothpick/small dotting tool, outline the dots. You want to make C and O shapes, and I like doing ones where you cover 2 sides of the dot.
This should also be messy and not uniform, then it looks more natural.


Then you add small dots and C shapes in between your big dots. Just wherever seems empty.


Topcoat to smooth it all out and you're done!


Last Sunday was when I declared my almost-no-buy.
And I have been doing so well that it is shocking.
I have only bought one bottle that was really for me - Revlon Wind Swept. And it was half off. And it is like seriously the best formula ever holy crap I will post it tomorrow. You need this polish in your life.

I have bought a few other things - a second bottle of Party of Five Glitters as well as 2 of the tiny Sally Girl ones for future bottles of Rebecca Likes Cupcakes, and I bought some things for a swap.
But I have displayed great willpower! I even resisted buying a really pretty L'Oreal polish last night that was like teal/green with pink/purple duochrome in the bottle. And when I got home I looked up swatches and it turns out the purple and pink do not show up on the nail. So then I did not regret resisting it!
Yay for me.

Also I have to mention that I am loving my stash/swatch page project because it is really encouraging me to use all my polishes! Good idea, that was. Check it out if you haven't already!
(My recent giveaway win has excited me so much that I even added those polishes to my stash list. :P)

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment