Tom & Jerry on Sesame Street

Posted by Unknown on Monday, May 23, 2011

So you may have been asking where have the cartoons gone? Rest assured that they are not gone! I've simply changed my method to work for a much bigger project that I have in mind.

I will now be doing the cartoon manis on false acrylic nails. I know that may be a bummer for some of you guys. I personally am annoyed to look at a fake nail on a pencil... but hear me out! 
Picture in your mind the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Ad.... the full page one like this:
I've read on multiple blogs where people have taken the ad and framed it as art for their nail art station. Now picture that same concept that they used for their ad, but 3D using real acrylic nails all painted up beautifully to create a mosaic of your favorite childhood cartoons... Still following me? I hope so.
That's my general idea. I'm hoping it will turn out good enough to enter into a local art exhibit that has prize $ involved! ;)

I've just started this massive undertaking so at first I didn't take pictures until the nail was done. However I figured out for the next set how to stop at each step. 

Also I realize that these are just acrylic "tips" and not the entire "nail." Hence, the funny shape. My mom is the one that bought 500 of these off of eBay from Hong Kong, so I'm not about to debate the point with her since they were free from my perspective. ;)

Thanks to Kate My Mate for suggesting Tom & Jerry!
I hadn't forgotten about it, I just have a LONG to-do list!

Wendy suggested Sesame Street
I do plan on adding more characters to this set. 
And I'm not too thrilled with Grover or Bert... :(

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment