orly - spark - swatch, review, nail art, and yellow comparison

Posted by Unknown on Thursday, May 26, 2011

Good morning! Yay for morning posts.
Today I'm going to post a swatch I've had sitting in my swatch folder for a while, so I'm just going to get it off my computer and into the blog world!
This is Orly's Spark, and I did some quick stamping art over it, and I did comparisons to other yellows.


I got this during Sally's Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale, and dare I say it, I like this yellow.


Spark at first seems like a slightly light yellow creme, but then in my pictures I noticed shimmer!
I couldn't see this in person. Maybe if I looked for it I could, but I had taken it off before I looked at the pictures.


I believe this would be another dupe for Chanel Mimosa, but I don't own it so I'm not totally sure.


It's pretty much exactly the color of bananas. So it is just a bit lighter than "normal yellow" I guess.


And there were apples on my table so I took a picture with an apple as well. :P
Here is Spark with all the other yellows I own. (This is a lot of yellow for a person who doesn't care for yellow.)


Joe Fresh - Butter, China Glaze - Lemon Fizz, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Mellow Yellow, Orly - Spark, Color Club - Almost Famous.


None are identical, but the first 4 aren't different enough for a non-yellow-liker to own. My favorites are Spark and Lemon Fizz.
I haven't worn Almost Famous, and I'm not sure how I would feel about such a vibrant yellow.

The day I swatched Spark was also the day I swatched Electric Pineapple and Chartreuse Chase.


That picture kinda gives you a good idea of the green tones in the 2 yellow-green polishes.

And then I did some stamping!


I stamped with Insta-Dri Raspberry Race. I really liked this color combo, but I only wore this for a day. I couldn't handle yellow any longer. Haha.
One day I will get used to wearing yellow and orange, but that day has not come yet.

Last night I swatched like 6 polishes after midnight just because I was bored and didn't have to get up for work today, so who needs sleep! That is why I posted at like 2:30am. Haha.

I am really trying to get through my stash so my stash/swatch list can be complete. It's going to take forever but I am enjoying the process!

Have a lovely day. I'm off to maybe do a bit more swatching before I see Bridesmaids tonight :)

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment