English Roses

Posted by Unknown on Wednesday, May 25, 2011

For once I actually wore pink on Wednesday! I'm usually too random, that's why I haven't joined "On Wednesdays We Wear Pink" I loved the movie Mean Girls, but I would have trouble sticking to a rule like that! Lol
I finally got around to using some more of my Dollar Nail Art supplies I'd ordered a while back. I want to get a lot more of the brightly colored metallic foils..... My first order was a lot of silver and just a few patterns. What was I thinking? 
This is "English Rose" which is very dainty and feminine. I really it, but I'd read other bloggers having trouble with the pattern on any of the foils not transferring completely. I thought it might be better to start with a base coat of a similar shade, that way any bare spots would be less noticeable. It did help!
 My base color was 2 coats of China Glaze Something Sweet. It's my favorite opaque, pale, baby pink.
Then I used the foil glue that Dollar Nail Art sends you with your order. Applied the glue and let it dry (just a few minutes), then press the foil down on the nail careful to burnish all the edges smooth. Gently pull up on the foil and it should leave the transfer on your nail. Topcoat to seal it in.
The "white" looking areas on the foil itself (you can see best in the first photo) are actually a pearly finish when transferred to the nail. It adds a nice little shimmer to the base color!
 There were a few areas where the foil wouldn't lie down flat and the pattern skipped, but you really can't tell! That leaves me a very happy girl.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment